We hope that in this difficult time everyone got home safely and we wish we could of had a proper goodbye. We hope to see you soon ! For now, read this newsletter to find out things you can do during this time !
1) First of all, Melting Potes thanks you for the fun times we have shared together!
2) Stay safe with your families and don’t forget to reach out to everyone you care about
3) Don’t forget to check out Kedge’s LEARN platform for up and coming assignments, there’s still work to do!
4) Contact your teachers to know what still needs to be done for your courses and how its supposed to be done
5) Stay connected to know what’s going on in the world and how the situation is progressing.
6) Don’t hesitate to ask questions to our Facebook account ‘Melting Buddy’
7) You can give us feedback of how was your experience at Kedge
8) Share your experience in Bordeaux around you!
9) Stay curious, creative and open minded during this harsh time
10) And of course, come back when you can! We’d love to see your beautiful faces again
What to do during the quarantine ?
We’re just like you, we love to chill on Netflix but if you’ve run out of stuff to watch here’s our top choices :
La casa de papel
How I met your mother
During my quarantine I play games !
The object of the game is to ruin its competitors through real estate transactions. It symbolizes the apparent and spectacular aspects of capitalism, fortunes being made and undone over the course of the dice.
The SCRABBLE is a board game and a letter game where the objective is to accumulate points, on the basis of random draws of letters, by creating words on a square grid, some of the boxes of which are awarded. Try to beat your grandparents !
Its success can be explained by the simplicity of its rules combined with real tactical and strategic depth, as well as a friendly dimension provided by the principle of resource exchanges.
Quite long playing time, but very addictive !
As long as you want ! Be brave, this game is quit complex…
La Blanquette de Veau !
1 Kg of calf meat
85g of butter
½ cl of lemon
2 d/l of sour cream
1 branch of thym
250g of french mushrooms
70g of flour
salt and pepper
1 celery stem
- Cut the meat and the vegetables in large cubes. To a large pot filled with cold water, add in your cubed calf meat, onions, carrots, celery, leak, thym, laurier leaf, cloves and salt. Simmer this on low to medium heat for an hour, removing the excess foam from time to time. When the meat is cooked, remove from the pot and keep warm with some aluminium. Keep your vegetables cooking in the pot.
- On the side, prepare a roux (french cooking technique) with 70g of the butter and 70g of flour. Then add 1L of the broth you were preparing beforehand and mix till creamy. To this add the cream and pepper and stir in well. Reduce the heat to low and add back in the pieces of meat. Check for taste and add seasoning if necessary.
- In another pan, add in a tablespoon of water, the lemon, 15g of butter and salt and pepper. Boil this and then add in the mushrooms. Let cook for 10 minutes and then add to the other pot. Let simmer for a couple of minutes.
AND VOILA, IT’S READY ! Enjoy !